12.26.2012

Handmade Christmas

For Christmas, I was determined to make something handmade and challenge myself in the field of sewing. These may not be perfect, but I am pretty proud of myself.

I made iphone cases for some ladies. I used linen napkins from West Elm as they were perfect and had the best thickness.

I also learned how to make a button hole with my Molly & how to finally sew a button.





The front is actually a pocket to hold cards or ear buds. And the side tab can be used for keys.


I also made small shower scrubs. It was a fairly easy recipe & it smells great. I ran out of epsom salt so I couldn't make as much as I had liked. I used it for my hands to test it out and my hands felt rather smooth afterwards.




I have to say, handmade is the way to go. It's a little stressful planning out time to complete the projects, but it feels great to give something from the hands & heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment