4.29.2012

The buzzzzz.



 As many of you know, I've been busy preparing for my older sister's baby shower since February. Above, you can see the invitations I created and sent out. We had a good number of family & friends come out for Kelly. Today, I'll show you the before the scenes party preparations.

My family (& myself) are not really into games as much - we like to drink, chat, catch up, and eat. But I did sneak in a little game if anyone wanted to do it...Aunt Theri was the only one to actually do it which is OK by me. It's still cute...

It was an I-SPY game where you use the card to take pictures of the items listed. Then you can keep them or send them to me and I could make a book for Kel from them. I think if used next time, I'd just set a camera there so people can use that one camera to take the pictures if they wanted to play. Though I bet in a few years, everyone will have an IPHONE which will just make it easier.






 The "Mommy to Bee" got her special rocking chair seat, front & center.




On the side table when you come in, I had the party favors with a sign as well as a "wear-your-guess" game.


The favors were made by Mrs. Karen Spina & Myself and were lemon nail & hand butter. Delicious smelling.


 A lot of people waited until the Mommy was there to make their guess (to see how she was carrying.) I  think we have a split vote.





The center table in the dining room was the gift table which later turned into the dessert table. I made the handing bee "garland" & the diaper cake was the center piece.






Behind the gifts were the onesies I embroidered. Cute. (More on that process at another time).




The diaper cake was made by the April Heisey. It is the cutest thing on the planet. Seriously.












She even printed a list of what is in it so you don't have to open it up and ruin the cuteness.


 And if you are interested and need one, here's a shout out.



A last minute addition to the gift table was an envelope basket that was Britt's from when she was a babe. I actually want to keep it...



I had gotten flowers and handmade a few recycled vases/starbucks bottles/pasta sauce jars to add some flair.







Of course, I just "had" to make menus. Dinner was awesome - and Uncle Ed's baked mac & cheese was as good as promised! (and even more!) 


We had a ton of yummy desserts (and baggies to take some home which many did). Thank you to Karen for the delicious Lemon-Blueberry Cakes (heaven!!) & to Mary Grace for the cookie selection! (Baby Noah will be a cookie connoisseur for sure)  





 We had plenty of options for drinks. My favorite was the bee-hive lemonade.







Overall, it was a successful event & one I was proud of completing. More on the actual party later - though I have to admit, I don't have a lot of pictures because I was also filming with Mom's video camera at the same time - a jack of all trades if you will.

Oh, and I still think it's a boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment